A few months after setting up Stier & Co we have ventured into a second company: Centro de Estudios Marítimos del Atlántico (CEMA). The aim of this company was to promote safety and excellence for seafarers and shipping companies’ personnel. For over 20 years CEMA has continued to develop various programmes and activities with an emphasis on maritime studies. The company has trained more than 2,500 alumni from all over the world.
Grupo Stier’s presence in the Canary Islands dates back to 1994
The Group at first had curved out a dynamic role as P&I Correspondents and Claims Adjusters under the name of Stier & Co offering services throughout the Canary Islands. The company represents the majority of the IGA P&I Clubs as well as several International Associations and insurance companies.
Centro de Estudios Marítimos del Atlántico
Stier Ship agency
In 1998, Stier & Co saw another service opportunity Stier Ship agency shed lights on offering its customers: experience, professional skills and proactive attitude. Satisfaction and loyalty of our Clients is the best proof of our success to date.
Twenty years later, Stier & Co, CEMA and Stier Shipagency merged and became our trademark company GRUPO STIER. Stier Training Centre is the expression of our corporate maturity.
Our mission & core values
- To be proactive and cost effective to fully defend and protect our Client’s interests.
- To provide our Clients with expert advices to enable them to make the appropriate decisions.
- To ensure that the services we provide, directly or subcontracted, meet the Clients’ standards at a fair market price.
Grupo Stier always on the lookout of new ways of offering added value to our services.
Grupo Stier employ highly qualified multilingual professionals:
- Lawyers, Master Mariners, Average Adjuster, Surveyors, Claims Handlers, Academic Coordinator, Associate Marine Lecturers, Accountant & External Advisors.
- Languages Spoken: English, French, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese, Arab, Spanish.